Sunday, March 02, 2008

BDSM Debate: Tax Dollars Hard at Work in Massachusetts

If you thought Politics only deals with boring bills, then you haven't been keeping up with Massachusetts House Bill 1722, the Transgender Rights Bill. While the bill itself may not make good reading, the debate it has sparked spans the gamut of emotions- from conservative thoughtfulness, to the wildly absurd.

I am in no way voicing My opinion on this bill and the very real issues it's attempting to address. I am concerned about what it might mean with respect to standards of public behavior. My personal standard of behavior has always been in keeping with the mantra: Safe, Sane and Consensual. In My professional life I am often asked about public outings with clients. I don't feel anyone has the right to force their fetish on the general public.

So while some Dommes may spank a sub in public, or allow foot worship in a public park, I won't risk having a child or other adult view these scenes - they obviously didn't consent to such a show. I, of course, don't mind pushing the envelope under the right circumstances and find that public teasing can often be quite erotic, but I pick My spots very carefully. Teasing behaviors are best left to very discrete actions in public which only make private encounters more enjoyable.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home