Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bondage Accident - Deeply Disturbing

If you have read anything I have written, you know that I am very particular about which clients I will see and what kinds of sessions I will do. The decision is squarely mine and not open to discussion.

My RULE NUMBER ONE is that play must be Safe, Sane and Consensual. I have turned down many clients who I feel take unacceptable risks, or that simply don't/won't fully exercise their share of the responsibility to ensure compliance to that rule.

However, like any rule that is simply stated, individuals are left to apply their own personal judgment as to the meaning of "safe, sane and consensual" and therefor apply their own level of "acceptable risk".

I hate to see headlines like this in My local paper, especially when it involves supposed "professionals". But even more, I'd hate to see this incident become the weapon that some lawmaker wields to make domination (currently a legal activity) an illegal form of entertainment - using public safety as a cover-up for morality.

So play, but play safe, and above all, no matter who you play with, ask questions that will not only result in a satisfying play session, but a safe one, so you will live to play another day.

Thankfully, no one died in this incident, but that was only pure luck in timing.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home